Paul Gross, he of Due South and Men With Brooms fame, and I have a lot in common. Okay, I heard the snickering back there. No I'm serious, check this out..
1) We were born less than 6 months apart, both of us Prairie Boys. Okay granted, as an army brat he moved a lot more than I did growing up, but hey I made up for it later in life.
2) He played a Mountie on TV, I played one at work.
3) We both had Grandfathers who fought in the Great War.
4) Both of our Grandfathers were First Division men, men of the Red Patch. His Grandfather was in the 10th Battalion and mine was in the 16th Canadian Scottish.
5) Even more importantly our Grandfather's spoke to both of us about their experiences in the war.
6) He wrote a screenplay based on his Grandfather's experiences, so did I.
7) His screenplay, now a movie, Passchendaele, is in post production right now... Mine, er, okay I haven't got this completely nailed down but..
8) We are both very good looking men.
The point of this all, I mean aside from number 8, is that I just discovered a blog of his on the making of the movie Passchendaele. There aren't a lot of entries but if you're interested in movie production, the Great War, or Paul you should check it out.
There are plenty of pictures of me on this blog if that is where your interests lie....